A Healthy Treat Just For You - Fruit Juice Gummies
I know you LOVE sweets. (We all do!)
But you shouldn’t have to choose between a life without treats or loads of empty calories from flour and sugar.
I’m looking at you, double fudge brownies. (If only you were loaded with nutrients and tasted exactly the same!)
The challenge to find sweet treats that are nutritious and taste good is real.
But I have a sweet solution (do you love puns?)
Here’s a quick, easy, and fun sweet treat that everyone in the family will love.
And no, it won’t leave a big, cookie-making mess in the kitchen when completed. *whew*
FRUIT JUICE GUMMIES RECIPE
Takes about 20 minutes to prepare and then sets in the fridge for an hour or two. Easy!
2 C of your family’s favorite fruit juice (or 1C juice + 1C heavy cream or coconut milk)
3 scoops of Perfect Grass-Fed Gelatin
2-3 T honey / maple syrup or your favorite sweetener (optional)
- Add the juice or juice/cream combo to a cold pot
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the liquid and let it bloom (slowly dissolve and absorb liquid) takes just a few minutes.
- Once it has bloomed, warm the mixture over medium heat, stirring until fully dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a container (I use an 8”X6” dish) or silicone candy molds
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours
- Cut into cubes or fun shapes or pop out of the mold
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
* Citrus juices may cause problems with gelatin setting; instead try apple, grape, blueberry, mango, cherry, etc. (I have used small amounts of lemon juice without a problem).
Get creative with your liquid choices!
- I love coconut milk + lemon
- Also try mango and cream
- How about a coffee and cream option? Just for mom ;)
Nutrition: A batch of thirty ¾” cubes includes 1g of Protein per cube plus the healing benefits of gelatin-collagen. Adding heavy cream or coconut milk adds healthy fats, too!
It’s that easy. (So easy that even the kids can join in and help!)
These healthy gummies will leave that sweet tooth craving satisfied and your kitchen mess-free. Now that’s a win-win in my book!
You have health and fitness goals and Perfect Supplements is here to help you achieve them.
Kristen Morelli, MS, FDN-P
Co-Founder, Perfect Supplements