What’s The Problem With Binders, Fillers, Flow Agents, etc... ?
What are Excipients?
Excipients are inactive “other ingredients” in a supplement that do not contribute any form of nutritional value or benefit. They can be synthetic or semi-synthetic agents and may cause adverse physical reactions. When searching for quality supplements it is recommended to avoid fillers and flow agents because they:
- May cause allergic reactions or adverse behaviors
- Could have effects on the brain, central nervous system, and health of cells
- Could interact with other medications or supplements
- Could potentially have harmful long term use effects
- Could be possibly carcinogenic
- Could lower immune system function
- May dilute the potency of active ingredients
- Could contain toxins or GMOs
- May not correlate with specific dietary restrictions or beliefs
Common Excipients Include ...
Fillers are typically inexpensive ingredients used as bulking agents, to fill up a capsule or add the illusion of substance to a tablet.
Flow agents are used to allow ingredients to flow through processing equipment without sticking or clumping to machinery to save a company time and money.
Binders are used to hold the ingredients in a tablet supplement together.
Preservatives are ingredients used to extend the natural shelf-life of products.
Artificial Colors, Fragrances, and Flavors
Artificial colors, flavors, and fragrances are added to help make certain powdered or liquid medications more palatable and visually pleasing. Over 2,000 chemicals are used to make a wide range of colors, flavors, and fragrances.
Where We Stand ...
The Perfect Supplements brand represents integrity and full transparency when it comes to ingredients and processing. We like to keep things simple and as close to nature as possible. We strive to provide the most nutrient dense, minimally processed, ethically & sustainably sourced, all natural superfood ingredients on the planet. Every product you see in our store is – All Natural, No Synthetics, No Chemicals and Nothing Artificial – which means no artificial fillers, binders, flow agents, preservatives, or artificial fragrances or dyes!